Saturday, August 4, 2007

Hypnotized

Ok. After much inner turmoil and debate over what to post, I have finally settled on this Ani DiFranco clip. Certainly music plays a big part in my life and is a source of inspiration. Ani especially has had particular influence on me. For those of you that don't know she began her own record label, Righteous Babe Records, in the early 1990s, basically because she didn't want to fold to the whims of major record labels. This chick has oodles of integrity and talent.

I remember distinctly when I was introduced to her music. My buddy Jen and I were taking a feminist art class (very Me right?) with Robin Toler in Baton Rouge (a terrific artist in her own right),and we had gone back to some of the other girls' apartment. They played Ani, and I have been enamored ever since. Other great songs of hers that you should check out if you get a moment are: Swan Dive, Untouchable Face, Superhero, If He Tries Anything, , and the list goes on really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home