Monday, March 29, 2010

A Blog Deferred

So I've been woefully behind on blogging. Sorry to the seven of you faithful onlookers. I can't even say that am back per se. Life gets in the way, or so it goes.

This highly anthologized poem is by the great Langston Hughes. Enjoy.

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At March 30, 2010 at 6:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

you better be back. I've been waiting and waiting for more (patiently I may add. Don't abandon us please. I think a deferred dream sadly sags, like a forgotten balloon- that seems the most likely.

 
At April 5, 2010 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Katie Kidder Crosbie said...

You are the best.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home